In case you were not able to attend the 4/14 Onahan PTO meeting, you can stay informed regarding school event/ volunteer opportunities and view the PTO Meeting Minutes here.
Dine at Jason's Deli between 5pm-10pm on May 3 and raise money for our school. When you purchase your meal, simply drop your receipt in the GroupRaise.com donation box at the restaurant, and 15% of your meal will be donated back to Onahan PTO. Please RSVP to the event http://www.groupraise.com/events/12094
Dear Parents and Guardians, Happy Spring! Soon we may get some weather to match the season. Here are some helpful reminders for the upcoming week:
1. Let us know what you think of Onahan. Go to My Voice, My Survey at www.cps.edu/parent_survey. Parents should only fill out one survey regardless of how many students are in the family.
2. Spring Pictures need to be returned or paid for by Tuesday, April 12.
3. Report Card Pick Up is Wed, 4/13, 11:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. The teachers and staff will take a break from conferences from 3-3:45. Please contact your homeroom teacher if you have not scheduled your conference.
4. Would you like to see your student’s grades online? Stop by the office and pick up your pin # for Parent Portal.
5. Local School Council elections will be held in the auditorium on Wed, 4/13, between 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Please stop by and cast your ballot for Parent Rep.
6. The Scholastic Book Fair will be held in the Gym on Wed, 4/13, and Thur, 4/14. Students will attend with their classroom on Thursday.
Display My Art has extended their order deadline! The new order fundraiser order deadline is Friday, April 15. Orders can be placed online at www.DisplayMyArt.com or by phone 800-394-2090. FREE Shipping to the Home!
Flower & Garden Fundraiser - Purchase all of your planting needs and raise $ for Onahan School. Hanging baskets, annuals, perennials, herbs and vegetables. Limited supply, get your orders in early! Orders due 4/15 and pickup at Onahan 5/12. Contact Theresa at firstname.lastname@example.org with any ordering questions. Download Ordering Form here.
Onahan Fundraiser Paint Night, Friday, May 20th, 6pm at Tommy on Higgins, 6954 W. Higgins Ave. Join us for a few hours, a few drinks and many laughs. This is a great opportunity to catch up with your friends and hopefully make new ones. It's $40.00 a person and each person will paint two wine glasses to take home. Appetizers will be served. If you would like to attend, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Paint night. If you have any questions, please feel free to email as well. Hope to see you there!
LSC Elections will be held the day of Parent-Teacher Conferences on April 13th from 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. This is a very important election for our school. We are in need of at least two election judges to make this happen. If you know anyone interested in service as an LSC election judge, please have them fill out the application. http://cps.edu/Pages/LSCElections.aspx Please contact the office if you have any questions.
See the classrooms and meet the teachers at the Kindergarten open house on April 8 between 10am-12pm. All 2016-2017 incoming parents and students are welcome. Children must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1 to enter Kindergarten. Call the Onahan School office with any questions 773-534-1180.